148+/- AC CORYDON REAL ESTATE AUCTION
OFFERED IN 5 TRACTS · COMBINATION BIDDING
COUNTRY FARMHOUSE · LARGE BARN
70+/- TILLABLE ACRES · 65+/- WOODED
POTENTIAL BUILDING SITES · PASTURE/HAY
RECREATIONAL · WILDLIFE · HUNTING
ONLINE ONLY · BIDDING ENDS OCT 24
Address: 555 Heth-Washington Rd SW, Corydon, IN 47112
Location: Only 9 miles South of Corydon or 7 miles North of Brandenburg, KY!
REAL ESTATE INFO: LOTS OF LAND, LOTS OF POTENTIAL! Choose from tillable, wooded, farmhouse homesite, or various potential building sites!! This property has some of everything, featuring 148+/- acres offered in 5 tracts conveniently located midway between Corydon and Brandenburg, KY!! Includes a 1949 country farmhouse, 70+/- tillable acres, 65+/- wooded acres with marketable timber, hunting, recreational land, pasture/hay land, lots of wildlife, potential building sites, whatever you need! Tracts may be bid on separately or in combinations of your choice in conjunction with the ultimate choice bidding platform! If you’re looking for land, you want in on this!!
TRACT #1: Includes 9 +/- acres, 165’+/- road frontage, all tillable/open acreage, includes house & barn, & adjoins Tract 2. House interior features: 1.5-story, 1230+/- SF total living area, 2/3BR & 1BA, partial unfinished walkout basement, traditional farmhouse layout, lots of natural light, large eat-in kitchen with pass thru window (also includes built-in double oven, gas range, refrigerator & dishwasher), dining room, gorgeous living room features natural hardwood flooring & cedar walls with bay window, full bath on main floor, natural wood stairway, 2nd floor features hardwood flooring & trim, walkout basement features lots of storage (also includes secondary shower and washer/dryer). House exterior features: new metal roof in last 7-8 years, covered front porch, & mature shade. Mechanicals: electric water heater (2023), public water onsite (also existing well-has not been used in past 10 years), septic system, LP gas forced air furnace, central A/C, 200 amp electric, & 500 gallon LP tank (75%). Additional improvements: 2-car detached garage (20x20), large metal sided shop/barn (40x100 with 16x100 lean-to addition). Home needs some updates but is move-in ready!
TRACT #2: Includes 29 +/- acres, 75% tillable/open acreage, 25% wooded, potential building sites, no improvements, access via easement across Tracts 3 & 4 (see Roadway Maintenance below), & adjoins Tracts 1 & 3. If Tract 2 is purchased with Tracts 3 & 4, no maintenance agreement necessary.
TRACT #3: Includes 62 +/- acres, mostly wooded acreage (w/marketable timber), potential building sites, no improvements, access via easement across Tract 4 (see Roadway Maintenance below), & adjoins Tracts 2, 4, & 5. NOTE: Sells subject to and including the right to use access easement for Tract 2. If Tract 3 is purchased with Tracts 2 & 4, no maintenance agreement necessary.
TRACT #4: Includes 24.9 +/- acres, 200’+/- road frontage, 75% tillable/open acreage, 25% wooded, potential building sites, no improvements, & adjoins Tracts 3 & 5. NOTE: Sells subject to and including the right to use access easement for Tracts 2 & 3, easement provides second point of access from road to Tract 4. If Tract 4 is purchased with Tracts 2 & 3, no maintenance agreement necessary.
TRACT #5: Includes 23 +/- acres, 150’+/- road frontage, mostly tillable/open acreage, potential building sites, no improvements, & adjoins Tracts 3 & 4.
PERSONAL PROPERTY: These items will be sold separate from real estate at an online only auction also ending October 24; see additional catalog for details.
ULTIMATE CHOICE BIDDING SYSTEM: The “Ultimate Choice” bidding system allows someone to bid on individual tracts or a combination of tracts throughout the auction. This auction system DOES NOT include a maximum bid feature; the price will increase to the bid amount that is entered for both individual tract bids or combination bids. Any posted bid is considered active and could be back in winning position any time during the auction due to different combinations being offered. Combination bidding will be allowed as of Noon on Oct 17. The final auction price will be determined by the combination which realizes the highest bid. If you have any questions about this system, please do not hesitate to contact our office to discuss.
OPEN HOUSE/INSPECTION: Wed Oct 18 3-5 PM
UTILITIES: Electric-Harrison REMC; Water-South Harrison-4" water main along Heth Washington Rd. All meters must be set along Heth Washington Rd. Regular meter set price is $2000 + $100 membership fee. NOTE: Driveways being installed on Tracts 4 or 5 may be required to lower the water main due to embankment (does not pertain to roadway easement on Tract 4) (see Documents section for waterline map); Internet-Mainstream available
TIMBER EVALUATION: See Documents section for details.
CLOSING INFO/POSSESSION: We strongly encourage all closings be conducted by Davis, Davis, & Layson in Corydon (ph 812-738-3201) for purposes of coordination. Possession at closing. Buyer to pay all closing fees except deed prep.
ZONING: Agriculture Residential
GAS/MINERAL RIGHTS: All oil & gas and mineral rights owned by the Seller will be conveyed to the Purchasers.
ROADWAY MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Buyers of Tracts 2, 3, & 4 acknowledge the following clause will be included in the new deeds: “buyers/grantees are responsible for construction and maintenance of roadway easement according to usage.”
FARM LEASES: Sells subject to 2023 farm lease, farmer has right to Fall 2023 harvest rights. All proceeds of 2023 farm lease to be paid to seller.
PARCEL ID NOS: All tracts will be split from the following two parcels: 31-17-12-200-001.000-009 and 31-17-12-200-005.000-009
TAXES: Taxes are based on seller’s current exemptions/deductions, if any. 31-17-12-200-001.000-009 is $553.96 per semi-annual installment; and 31-17-12-200-005.000-009 is $342.40 per semi-annual installment.
DIRECTIONS: From Corydon, south on IN-135, left (east) on Heth Washington Rd SW1.1 mile to site. From Brandenburg KY, north on IN-135, right (east) on Heth Washington Rd SW 1.1 mile to site.
REFERENCE POINTS: Corydon-9 miles south; Brandenburg KY-10 miles north; I-64 Exit #105 (Corydon Exit)-11 miles; Louisville KY-32 miles SW; Elizabethtown KY-39 miles north
OWNER: Estate of Dorothy J. Gibson
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW THE TERMS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO BIDDING.
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT BID. BY BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION, BUYER AGREES TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH AND ENTERS INTO A CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE THE ITEMS(S) UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
ULTIMATE CHOICE BIDDING SYSTEM: The “Ultimate Choice” bidding system allows someone to bid on individual tracts or a combination of tracts throughout the auction. This auction system DOES NOT include a maximum bid feature; the price will increase to the bid amount that is entered for both individual tract bids or combination bids. Any posted bid is considered active and could be back in winning position any time during the auction due to different combinations being offered. Combination bidding will be allowed as of Noon on Tues Oct 17. The final auction price will be determined by the combination which realizes the highest bid. If you have any questions about this system, please do not hesitate to contact our office to discuss.
NOTE: This auction features EXTENDED BIDDING! Any bid placed within FIVE minutes of the scheduled closing time will cause the auction to extend for another TEN minutes. The auction will remain open until all bidding has stopped. ***If auction is extended past one hour, extension time will decrease to FIVE minutes. If auction is extended past two hours, extension time will decrease to THREE minutes.
Min Max Increment
$0.00 $49,999 $1000
$50,000 $249,999 $2500
$250,000 $499,999 $5000
1. Conditions of Sale: This online only auction is selling subject to owner’s confirmation and is not contingent on or subject to financing, appraisal, survey, or inspections of any kind, as agreed to by bidders at registration prior to bidding and specified in the attached Agreement to Purchase Real Estate. Buyer acknowledges they are buying property “as-is”, “where-is”, without inspections or contingencies. Buyer(s) will rely on his/her own judgment and inspection. By signing an offer, Buyer(s) will be waiving the 10-day lead based paint test.
2. Closing Info: A Buyer’s Premium of 10% is added to the high bid. Please take this into consideration when bidding. At the close of the auction, the successful Bidder will be emailed an Agreement to Purchase Contract to be executed and returned to Beckort Auctions, LLC within twenty-four (24) hours of the completion of the auction along with 10% deposit of the total contract price. The entirety of the remaining balance is due at closing on or before Thirty (30) days from Auction Day. Purchaser will be responsible for all wire transfers. Per the Contract, time is of the essence; you should proceed to closing within Thirty (30) days. Buyer(s) shall pay all costs of closing with exception of deed preparation paid by Seller. Possession shall be given to the successful Buyer(s) at closing.
3. Lead Based Paint Disclosure: Buyers of any interest in residential real property with a residential dwelling built prior to 1978 are notified that such property may present exposure to lead from lead-based paint. The Seller(s) of such property is required to provide the Buyer(s) with any information on lead-based paint hazards from risk assessments or inspections while in the Seller(s) possession and notify the Buyer(s) of any unknown lead-based paint hazards. Any inspections and assessments for the presence of lead-based paint and/or hazards by a buyer(s) must be made prior to auction; otherwise, buyer(s) waives the 10-day opportunity to conduct such risk assessment/inspection and shall acknowledge receipt of lead-based paint disclosure form.
4. Liquidated Damages: Successful Bidders not executing and returning their Contract with Earnest Money deposit within Forty Eight (48) hours of the conclusion of the auction will be considered in default. If your closing is delayed for any reason, by you, as purchaser, or other parties working on your behalf, including any lender you involve, you may be declared in breach of this contract, forfeit all deposits made and could additionally be liable for any and all costs incurred by Seller and Beckort Auctions, LLC incurred in a subsequent resale of the property. If such action occurs, Beckort Auctions LLC hereby has the right to disperse the deposit as stated in the listing agreement and the buyer has no claims to such money or property being sold. Liquidated damages are to cover cost of auction, cost incurred by seller, labor cost and additional cost of auction as not defined in this agreement. These liquidated damages do not restrict the seller from suing the buyer for performance damages and/or any additional damages the seller suffers by the default of the buyer.
5. Other Conditions: Buyer(s) must be prepared to make a cash offer. There are no contingencies to this sale (i.e., financing, appraisal, repairs, or inspections). Therefore, you should be pre-qualified by a lender prior to bidding if you require financing. This property is being sold for cash “as-is, where-is” with a closing deadline.
Beckort Auctions, LLC reserves the right to remove or cancel the bids and or bidding rights and privileges of any party at any time deemed not to be in the best interest of the seller. The identity of all bidders will be verified, bidding rights are provisional, and if complete verification is not possible, Beckort Auctions LLC will reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated.
All Beckort Auctions, LLC Online Only Real Estate Auctions are timed events that have an auto-extend feature. Any bid placed within 10 minutes of the auction ending will automatically extend the auction for 10 minutes from the time the bid is placed. Example: If an auction scheduled to end at 6:00 p.m. receives a bid at 5:59 p.m., the close time of the auction automatically extends to 6:10 p.m. The auto-extend feature remains active until no further bids are received within the 10 minute time frame.
6. Real Estate Brokerage Services Disclosure: Beckort Auctions LLC and their representatives are Exclusive Agents of the Seller(s). We do not represent the buyer(s) in any manner and we must be completely loyal and faithful to our client. Beckort Auctions LLC has an exclusive right to sell listing for this transaction. All negotiations must be conducted through Beckort Auctions LLC.
A one percent (1%) bid price commission, not to include any buyer’s premium if applicable, is available to properly registered Brokers/Agents. You must pre-register your Buyers with Beckort Auctions, LLC twenty-four (24) hours before the end of the auction by filling out and recording with Beckort Auctions a Broker Registration Form. Agents who fail to pre-register their Buyer will not be recognized as Buyer Agents and will not be entitled to a co-op commission. Broker/Agent cannot act as a Buyer and Broker/Agent on the same transaction. Please review the Broker Registration form for eligibility.
7. Beckort Auctions LLC Involvement in this Contract: The seller and buyer hereby agree that Beckort Auctions LLC is a part of this contract and shall receive compensation as stated in the agreement hereto or as stated in the listing agreement hereby made a part of.
8. Restrictions: Real Estate is sold subject to any and all existing matter of record, and all easements, building use or zoning laws and regulations. Taxes and assessments will be pro-rated to the closing date.
9. Additional Auction Information: All information published, announced or contained herein was derived from sources believed to be correct; however, it is not guaranteed by the seller or the auctioneers. Personal on-site inspection of all property is recommended. The failure of any bidder to inspect, or to be fully informed as to the condition of the property, will not constitute grounds for any claim or demand for adjustment or withdrawal of bid, offer or deposit money after its opening tender. This includes but is not limited to public information such as easements, restrictions, zoning, right-of-ways, or any other information that can be obtained as public record in the appropriate county court house concerning subject properties.
10. Bidder Verification: Bidding rights are provisional, and if identity verification is questionable, Beckort Auctions has the right to reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated. The Seller and Beckort Auctions reserve the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any question as to the person’s credential as they are responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving their account. When using the web site you must obey any and all local state and federal laws. Violations will result in termination of web site use privileges.
11. Technical Issues: In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, internet or any other online auction-related technologies, Beckort Auctions, LLC reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding or close the bidding. Neither the company providing the software, nor Beckort Auctions, LLC, shall be held responsible for the failure of the software to function properly for any reason.
YOUR BID ON THIS AUCTION INDICATES BOTH AN UNDERSTANDING AND AN ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THIS CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOURSELF AND BOTH THE SELLER AND BECKORT AUCTIONS AND THAT YOU, AS THE BIDDER, ARE PREPARED TO PURCHASE THE PROPERTY UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AUCTION.
BECKORT AUCTIONS, LLC - 117 E. CHESTNUT STREET - CORYDON, IN 47112 - 812-738-9476 - WWW.BECKORTAUCTIONS.COM