LACONIA REAL ESTATE AUCTION
MODERN HOME & 13+ ACRES - OFFERED IN 2 TRACTS
CUSTOM 1.5-STORY 3BR/3.5BA HOME
MINI FARM - BUILDING LOTS - VACANT LAND
ONLINE ONLY · BIDDING ENDS JULY 28
ADDRESS: 9195 N. Tobacco Landing Rd SE, Laconia, IN 47135
LOCATION: Only 13 miles SE of Corydon & less than 10 miles NE of Brandenburg, KY!
REAL ESTATE INFO: Welcome to the country life with this custom-built, private, 1.5 Story farmhouse situated on 13+ acres while being centrally located between Corydon, IN and Brandenburg, KY. This property is well suited for a small horse/livestock farm, country living, or family social gatherings. This property is contiguous, but will be offered in two separate tracts.
TRACT #1: This 2000 built custom home is situated on 6.171 acres of land on N Tobacco Landing Road. Interior house features: 2235 +/- SF above grade living area (includes both floors & 242 SF unfinished on 2nd floor), 1642 +/- SF full unfinished walkout basement, 3BR/3.5BA, complete new kitchen in 2017 with granite countertops & new cabinets, stainless steel appliances, LARGE safe room or walk-in vault in basement, beautiful tavern-grade solid cherry floors, & first floor master bedroom. Exterior house features: new asphalt shingled roof in 2019, large front covered porch, & rear patio. Mechanicals: two electric water heaters, electric heat pump furnace with divided heating/cooling system, 400-amp service, LP gas fireplace (tank not included), & 3BR septic system. Land features: open & wooded acreage, gravel driveway, 400’ +/- of road frontage on N Tobacco Landing Rd, & 2 older farm-type storage barns. House plans available to new buyer. Ready to move into with immediate possession available on home.
TRACT # 2: Includes 7.732 +/- acres of open vacant land, 540’ +/- road frontage on W Old Goshen Rd SE, 680’ +/- frontage on N Tobacco Landing Rd SE, potential home sites, & ideal corner lot!!
INSPECTION/OPEN HOUSE: Thursday, July 21 4-6 PM
UTILITY PROVIDERS: Electric-Harrison REMC; Water-South Harrison Water; Internet-Frontier
POSSESSION/CLOSING INFO: Possession of real estate at closing; buyer to pay all closing fees, except deed prep. Possession of 2 barns will be available 45 days after closing.
ITEMS NOT INCLUDED WITH REAL ESTATE: Gold curtains in LR/DR, urns on front porch, & porch swing
GAS/MINERAL RIGHTS: All mineral rights owned by the Seller(s) will be conveyed to the Purchaser(s).
TAXES: $1,409.30 per installment (based on seller’s current exemptions-total of both parcels)
PARCEL NUMBERS: Parcel #1 31-18-20-100-004.010-003 & Parcel #2 31-18-20-100-004.020-003
LEGAL DESCRIPTIONS: Parcel #1 002-02170-00 PT NW ¼ 20-5-4, 6.171 AC; Parcel #2 002-02172-00 PT NW ¼ 20-5-4, 7.732 AC
REFERENCE POINTS: Laconia-2.5 miles S; Brandenburg KY 10 miles SW; Corydon 13 miles NW; Louisville KY 30 miles SW; Elizabethtown, KY-40 miles NW
DIRECTIONS: From Corydon, south on IN-337 11.5 miles, right (south) on Hwy 11 one mile, right (west) onto W Old Goshen Rd SE 1.4 miles, then left onto N. Tobacco Landing Rd 0.2 miles to site. From Brandenburg/Mauckport Bridge, north on IN-135 N 5 miles, right on Watson Rd 2.2 miles, right on Union Chapel Rd 1.9 miles, continue onto W Goshen Rd SE 500 ft, then right on N Tobacco Landing Rd .5 mile to site.
OWNER: Douglas M. Hawkins
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW THE TERMS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO BIDDING.
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT BID. BY BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION, BUYER AGREES TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH AND ENTERS INTO A CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE THE ITEMS(S) UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Conditions of Sale: This online only auction is selling subject to owner’s confirmation and is not contingent on or subject to financing, appraisal, survey, or inspections of any kind, as agreed to by bidders at registration prior to bidding and specified in the attached Agreement to Purchase Real Estate. Buyer acknowledges they are buying property “as-is”, “where-is”, without inspections or contingencies. Buyer(s) will rely on his/her own judgment and inspection. By signing an offer, Buyer(s) will be waiving the 10-day lead based paint test.
2. Closing Info: A Buyer’s Premium of 10% is added to the high bid. Please take this into consideration when bidding. At the close of the auction, the successful Bidder will be emailed an Agreement to Purchase Contract to be executed and returned to Beckort Auctions, LLC within twenty-four (24) hours of the completion of the auction along with 10% deposit of the total contract price. The entirety of the remaining balance is due at closing on or before Thirty (30) days from Auction Day. Purchaser will be responsible for all wire transfers. Per the Contract, time is of the essence; you should proceed to closing within Thirty (30) days. Buyer(s) shall pay all costs of closing with exception of deed preparation paid by Seller. Possession shall be given to the successful Buyer(s) at closing.
3. Lead Based Paint Disclosure: Buyers of any interest in residential real property with a residential dwelling built prior to 1978 are notified that such property may present exposure to lead from lead-based paint. The Seller(s) of such property is required to provide the Buyer(s) with any information on lead-based paint hazards from risk assessments or inspections while in the Seller(s) possession and notify the Buyer(s) of any unknown lead-based paint hazards. Any inspections and assessments for the presence of lead-based paint and/or hazards by a buyer(s) must be made prior to auction; otherwise, buyer(s) waives the 10-day opportunity to conduct such risk assessment/inspection and shall acknowledge receipt of lead-based paint disclosure form.
4. Liquidated Damages: Successful Bidders not executing and returning their Contract with Earnest Money deposit within Forty Eight (48) hours of the conclusion of the auction will be considered in default. If your closing is delayed for any reason, by you, as purchaser, or other parties working on your behalf, including any lender you involve, you may be declared in breach of this contract, forfeit all deposits made and could additionally be liable for any and all costs incurred by Seller and Beckort Auctions, LLC incurred in a subsequent resale of the property. If such action occurs, Beckort Auctions LLC hereby has the right to disperse the deposit as stated in the listing agreement and the buyer has no claims to such money or property being sold. Liquidated damages are to cover cost of auction, cost incurred by seller, labor cost and additional cost of auction as not defined in this agreement. These liquidated damages do not restrict the seller from suing the buyer for performance damages and/or any additional damages the seller suffers by the default of the buyer.
5. Other Conditions: Buyer(s) must be prepared to make a cash offer. There are no contingencies to this sale (i.e., financing, appraisal, repairs, or inspections). Therefore, you should be pre-qualified by a lender prior to bidding if you require financing. This property is being sold for cash “as-is, where-is” with a closing deadline.
Beckort Auctions, LLC reserves the right to remove or cancel the bids and or bidding rights and privileges of any party at any time deemed not to be in the best interest of the seller. The identity of all bidders will be verified, bidding rights are provisional, and if complete verification is not possible, Beckort Auctions LLC will reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated.
All Beckort Auctions, LLC Online Only Real Estate Auctions are timed events that have an auto-extend feature. Any bid placed within 10 minutes of the auction ending will automatically extend the auction for 10 minutes from the time the bid is placed. Example: If an auction scheduled to end at 6:00 p.m. receives a bid at 5:59 p.m., the close time of the auction automatically extends to 6:10 p.m. The auto-extend feature remains active until no further bids are received within the 10 minute time frame.
6. Real Estate Brokerage Services Disclosure: Beckort Auctions LLC and their representatives are Exclusive Agents of the Seller(s). We do not represent the buyer(s) in any manner and we must be completely loyal and faithful to our client. Beckort Auctions LLC has an exclusive right to sell listing for this transaction. All negotiations must be conducted through Beckort Auctions LLC.
A one percent (1%) bid price commission, not to include any buyer’s premium if applicable, is available to properly registered Brokers/Agents. You must pre-register your Buyers with Beckort Auctions, LLC twenty-four (24) hours before the end of the auction by filling out and recording with Beckort Auctions a Broker Registration Form. Agents who fail to pre-register their Buyer will not be recognized as Buyer Agents and will not be entitled to a co-op commission. Broker/Agent cannot act as a Buyer and Broker/Agent on the same transaction. Please review the Broker Registration form for eligibility.
7. Beckort Auctions LLC Involvement in this Contract: The seller and buyer hereby agree that Beckort Auctions LLC is a part of this contract and shall receive compensation as stated in the agreement hereto or as stated in the listing agreement hereby made a part of.
8. Restrictions: Real Estate is sold subject to any and all existing matter of record, and all easements, building use or zoning laws and regulations. Taxes and assessments will be pro-rated to the closing date.
9. Additional Auction Information: All information published, announced or contained herein was derived from sources believed to be correct; however, it is not guaranteed by the seller or the auctioneers. Personal on-site inspection of all property is recommended. The failure of any bidder to inspect, or to be fully informed as to the condition of the property, will not constitute grounds for any claim or demand for adjustment or withdrawal of bid, offer or deposit money after its opening tender. This includes but is not limited to public information such as easements, restrictions, zoning, right-of-ways, or any other information that can be obtained as public record in the appropriate county court house concerning subject properties.
10. Bidder Verification: Bidding rights are provisional, and if identity verification is questionable, Beckort Auctions has the right to reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated. The Seller and Beckort Auctions reserve the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any question as to the person’s credential as they are responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving their account. When using the web site you must obey any and all local state and federal laws. Violations will result in termination of web site use privileges.
11. Technical Issues: In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, internet or any other online auction-related technologies, Beckort Auctions, LLC reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding or close the bidding. Neither the company providing the software, nor Beckort Auctions, LLC, shall be held responsible for the failure of the software to function properly for any reason.
YOUR BID ON THIS AUCTION INDICATES BOTH AN UNDERSTANDING AND AN ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THIS CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOURSELF AND BOTH THE SELLER AND BECKORT AUCTIONS AND THAT YOU, AS THE BIDDER, ARE PREPARED TO PURCHASE THE PROPERTY UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AUCTION.
BECKORT AUCTIONS, LLC - 117 E. CHESTNUT STREET - CORYDON, IN 47112 - 812-738-9476 - WWW.BECKORTAUCTIONS.COM